Subject: Bootstrapping a scsi hd
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Ville U Hautakangas <vhautaka@cs.Helsinki.FI>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/29/2000 12:13:02
After some experimenting, I'm beginning to think there's something
I've missed...

I have a partitioned disk at sd0. A 1.2 gig disk, that went nicely
through low-level format.

disklabel -B sd0 seems to complete ok, but everything the machine
does when I boot from DKA200 (or 300 or 500) is

?number RESTART SYS

Is there something wrong?

Then, after T 75'ing the big HP disk, when I disklabeled it, disklabel
gave different value for cylinder count than the drive manual.
The values in the manual are counted using 512 byte secor size,
so that should be OK.

Oh yeah, any of you know any good VS4000 VLC info site? Does it have
a console command for low-level formatting?

- hautis