Subject: Re: IBM AS/400 62RW-100 scsi drives and9348-001 9 track on VAX?
To: J.S. Havard <jhavard@netdoor.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/27/2000 09:21:23
> I think the disk drives are going to be using 520 byte sectors, instead of
> 512-byte, or something else sane.  I know solaris can handle them, as I
> have one IBM scsi drive I ripped out of an old AS/400.  It runs
> flawlessly, except for that it likes to get hot..

I tried formatting them on my VS3100 breadboard using test 75.  Alas,
they did not take to formatting.  There must be some minor IBMisms
with them.  What did you do to get them to run with your sun?
They sound like 5400 rpm drives, and are quite fast.  Alas, the
VAX did not do well on them.  Maybe my sun might?

Bob