Subject: Re: Keyboard problem
To: Peter Joules <peter@joules0.demon.co.uk>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/22/2000 17:18:00
> I am using a VT320 as console on a MV3100 and have set $TERM to
> vt320.  All appears to be working except that I can't get a hash
> sign.  The keycap shows both the pound sign and the hash as 'capital
> 3'.  When I hold down shift and press 3 '\xa3' appears on the screen.
> Is this a problem anyone else has come across?  Am I doing something
> stupid?

Character 0xa3 is the ISO Latin-1 pound sign.

I feel certain the terminal is configured to send £ rather than # for
shift-3, and your editor is displaying it as "\xa3".  What this means
you need to do is, of course, reconfigure the terminal.  Unfortunately
I don't know the VT320 well enough to say how to do this, but I hope
this is at least a pointer in a useful direction.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca