Subject: Re: VAX-11/78[05] hardware info wanted
To: None <eric@brouhaha.com, port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/2000 21:06:32
In a message dated 3/18/00 1:41:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
eric@brouhaha.com writes:

> 1)  Does anyone have spare hardware docs?  Maintenance manual, reference
>      manual, prints, fiche, anything?  I'd be happy to pay for copying and
>      postage.

Well, well...  as it just so happens I just switched jobs and was cleaning
out my office, and... well...

I have a copy of the "KA780 Field Maintenance Print Set" (Order#MP00496), the
complete schematics for the KA780 processor.  I may also have some others
sitting in a box downstairs (memory?).  I'd be more than willing to send it
(/them?) to you for the price of shipping.  I'll dig around downstairs if you
are interested.

FYI, yes, the 780 does have writable control store.  At least, its listed
(and drawn) in the schematics...  from memory, I'm pretty sure it was not
just an option... but I could be wrong.   Not sure if the WCS was loaded from
the LSI-11 front end or whether it was loaded by the OS once running...

I also have the entire set of power supplies and the LSI-11 front end from
one we used to have at work that got trashed.  I got to it before it hit the
dumpster...  It'd probably be expensive to ship any of it, but if you find
you have a dead power-supply or something let me know and maybe we could work
something out.

Pete Hufnagel
CaptnZilog@aol.com