Subject: Re: New drives in the M3100/M76
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/20/2000 17:00:29
	Hmm, I had two Apple OEM Quantum ProDrive LPS 270MB HD's that
would work fine on my 3MAX (NetBSD 1.4.1 on a DS 5000/200) from a cold
boot, but when I went to shutdown/reboot it would sync the disks, drop
back to the PROM and just hang when trying to boot. If I power cycled a
drive on the chain, (no matter which one) all the drives would work
again. I also seem to remember a message on comp.sys.dec awhile back
about some Quantum drives mis-reporting a few mode pages. (command quene
length comes to mind) Perhaps write pre-alloc was why they were holding
up the SCSI chain waiting for a flush command, or it was just the 4.4BSD
SCSI driver...

	Chris