Subject: Vaxstation 2000 netboot + disk support
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: ville hautakangas <vhautaka@cs.Helsinki.FI>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/15/2000 21:18:01
>From reading the past messages on this list, I've learned that the MFM
disk controller on MV/VS2000 doesn't work on version >=1.4. I thought
I'd try 1.4.1 with nfs root.

But I don't get my VS2000 even to boot. I set it up just like a 3100/30,
it gets the MOP image, it talks to bootparamd and gets the right
response,
but then comes "Unknown error: code -1" and that's it. After the
autobooter
has gone through its list of different kernel names, it presents the
prompt. But saying

> boot anything

returns Device not configured.

And this same machine does netboot into LAVC just fine.

Hmm... wonder how much I'd undestand of the bootloader sources.

- hautis