Subject: Re: 1.4.2 release candidate now up for FTP.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Joules <peter@joules0.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/11/2000 23:01:31
In article <200003110202.SAA21346@shell17.ba.best.com>, Todd Whitesel
<toddpw@best.com> writes
>IMPORTANT!! If you install this onto a machine running 1.4M, 1.4P, or
>1.4<letter>, it is probably going to downgrade your machine.

Using the installation/netbsd.ram.gz kernel from this trying to netboot
my MV3100 all goes well until:

ncr1 at vsbus0 csr 0x200c0180 vec 774 ipl 14 maskbit 0
scsibus1 at ncr1: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
ncr1: no req for next phase, abort
ncr1: no req while aborting, reset
ncr1: reset SCSI bus TID=0 LUN=0
[repeated ad infinitum]

So it still doesn't seem to like my RZ56.  I have tried a SHOW DEV
before booting so I know it has been spun up.

Is it possible that the bug surrounding the RZ56 hasn't been cured?  I
recall that someone posted a patch for this but I am not sure if it was
in time to make it into the 1.4.2 build.

I would really like to get it installed onto this drive as I could then
try and do something to help with the project.  Any suggestions would be
welcome.  If anyone has built an install kernel which will see the RZ56
then you are welcome to mail it to me.

--
Regards
Pete