Subject: Re: On the subject of postings
To: Andy Sporner <andy.sporner@networkengines.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/08/2000 14:38:24
Andy Sporner writes:

[...]
> PS:  Since I have only a single VAX would anybody with multiple
> vaxen like to try the load balancer part of the Clustering project?

Ok, so I don't want to be too OT myself, but do you have anymore details
about your project?  The project notes are a bit skimpy on details.
Is your "Phase I" to implement a load-balancer like the Cisco LocalDirector,
or the Linux-based LinuxDirector (name ripoff)?

The bit about "reverse proxy server" sounds like a Squid web-accelerator
type thing, but is it really?

I only have a single VAX (VS3100/M38), so clustering that requires like
architectures won't work there.  Now I do have plenty of i386 boxes though.
:-)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.