Subject: On the subject of postings
To: 'port-vax@netbsd.org' <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Sporner <andy.sporner@networkengines.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/08/2000 13:05:02
Yesterday marked the most enfuriating day I have ever had on the net
and it was largely to do with some of the flakes that are in this group.

An old adage goes:  "If you don't anything constructive to say --then
shut up!"  Same here. That goes to you MOUSE and some of the
other smart-xxxes.

Until yesterday I did exclusively BSD on Vax and for reasons of a project
I was working on,
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/projects.cgi?token=&mode=viewproj&proj
num=10)
I needed to have source build on an I386 since I have only one vax.
I figured that the logical thing would be to ask one of you folks who
might have had some experience.  I thought the idea absurd that
most all of you have never done any building in the I-386 arena because
that I where I believe most of the new features are originating.

So now I have decided to change focus and do exclusively I-386
because of the lousy responses and cooperation from those
here.  It's really too bad because the cluster would have been
nice on an architecture that is not really so fast.

Good Bye..

Andy Sporner