Subject: Kernel numbering conventions [Was Re: netboot not working anymore]
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/07/2000 07:49:03
On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> With a 1.4Q kernel all works fine. A few days ago I compiled a 1.4U
> kernel (using the same custom config file) and now the netboot fails,
> kernel can't mount root:

Sadly, I don't have an answer for your question :-)  Though I'm sure that
someone will look through the CVS logs to see what was commited between
1.4Q and 1.4U that might have broken the netboot stuff.

I do have one question.  Since we're tearing through the development
kernels so quickly these days, what happens if/when we hit 1.4Z and need
to go beyond it?

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
              ALSO PLEASE DON'T POST IN ALL LOWERCASE
              IT MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE WHISPERING! -- K.