Subject: anybody else have trouble with this?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@guildvax.guild.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/04/2000 13:40:19
anybody else have trouble with the 1.4.1 that's on ftp.netbsd.org?
after untarring everything and setting it upa  bit, i go to compile a
custom kernel, and was greeted with this:

argonath# config ARGONATH
../../../../conf/files:385: syntax error
*** Stop.

so i figure maybe something's wrong with my config file, and then

argonath# config GENERIC
../../../../conf/files:385: syntax error
*** Stop.

same deal with generic! the config looks fine. any modification i try to
the config file, it barfs on a syntax error in ../../../conf/files.
Looking in there, thats the line of the next entry after the usb stuff,
so i figured 'ok maybe the usb stuff is not done right, i dont care since
my VAX certainly doesnt have usb in it', so i comment those out, same
deal. commenting out line 385 causes it to report a syntax error on line
386, and so on.. looking a thte file i dont see any obvious errors in it.
anybody else encounter this? it doesnt seem to be a vax-only problem,
either- i just now tried it under netbsd 1.4.1/alpha on a 3000/600 and
got the same error from the 1.4.1 syssrc there.

any ideas? im putting the 1.4 stuff on here instead, in hopes that that
will not have this problem..

happy hacking,
isildur