Subject: Re: 1.4.1 vaxdiffs.gz file
To: Peter Joules <peter@joules0.demon.co.uk>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/01/2000 23:17:55
> Will 1.4.2 contain the RZ56 patch?

I hope so. The main reason I am annoyed by vaxdiffs.gz is that I should
not have had to submit those diffs during the 11th hour; someone should
have arranged for them to be properly pulled up many many months ago.

I've now taken care of the release branch, and I'm asking for a vax guru
to take care of evaluating them for -current.

One of the patches is a change to arch/vax/vsa/ncr.c which sets a field
called sc_no_disconnect to 0xff. Is that "the RZ56 patch" ?

There are also changes to the boot loader that might affect recognition
of RZ devices, in case that's it.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com