Subject: Re: Ethernet transceiver heartbeat (was Re: VAXstation 2000 netboot)
To: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@igps.org>
From: Dan Kolb <daniel.kolb@corpus-christi.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/01/2000 23:32:12
"J. Buck Caldwell" wrote:

> Eric Smith wrote:
>
> > So I tried flipping it.  This had no obvious effect on the VAX; NetBSD
> > continued to work just fine, but it also continued to write those darn
> > "qe0: ring overrun, resync'd by skipping" messages to the console.
> >
> > There was a message in the archives a few years ago about this problem,
> > but no resolution.  Do other people using DELQAs not experience this?
>
> I've always had that problem. The only thing that makes it go away is
> commenting out the line in the source code and compiling a custom kernel :).
>
>  -J. Buck Caldwell

What, then, is 'the line', please? I had that problem when attempting to
netboot NetBSD, so if there's a fix available, I'd like it for future
reference.

Dan
--
dankolb@ox.compsoc.net

'Common sense is a set of prejudices built up over a lifetime'
--I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any comments or
  opinions expressed--