Subject: Multiple KA630 CPUs
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Phlatlyn <phlatlyn@pacbell.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/29/1999 14:00:48

------=_NextPart_000_00D8_01BF5205.1BED3DB0

has anyone ever been known to use multiple KA630s? Ive read that this is =
possible,but haven't seen anything else. Could NetBSD be made to use =
them? Also,has anyone overclocked a KA630? Would you just replace the =
40Mhz oscilator? If anyone has done it,how fast did they get it and what =
is the limiting factor? If I replaced the memory with faster chips,would =
it help? Perhaps replacing some of the TTL with faster ones as well?

On another related note,does anyone have any information on the memory =
interface to a KA630. I was thinking it might be interesting to see what =
would be involved in building a board that could take,say FPM SIMMSs.The =
memory boards seem to be relatively simple and a typical SIMM is way =
faster than what they KA630 us using.

------=_NextPart_000_00D8_01BF5205.1BED3DB0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>has anyone ever been known to use =
multiple KA630s?=20
Ive read that this is possible,but haven't seen anything else. Could =
NetBSD be=20
made to use them? Also,has anyone overclocked a KA630? Would you just =
replace=20
the 40Mhz oscilator? If anyone has done it,how fast did they get it and =
what is=20
the limiting factor? If I replaced the memory with faster chips,would it =
help?=20
Perhaps replacing some of the TTL with faster ones as well?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>On another related note,does anyone =
have any=20
information on the memory interface to a KA630. I was thinking it might =
be=20
interesting to see what would be involved in building a board that could =

take,say FPM SIMMSs.The memory boards seem to be relatively simple and a =
typical=20
SIMM is way faster than what they KA630 us =
using.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00D8_01BF5205.1BED3DB0--