Subject: Re: xdm core dumps
To: Dave Arthur <arthurdc@burridge.nscc.ns.ca>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/27/1999 21:52:40
On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Dave Arthur wrote:
> I'm using the most recent binary image of NetBSD on a MV3100 20e.
> While running xdm and connecting an X Terminal session (SCO XVision)
> I get a disconnect and xdm core dump after about 10 minutes.
> I'm not using a WM from the VAX, justr xdm and the clients (xterm and
> xsm).

The same happens with my setup too. It's almost the same as Dave's.
The only difference is that i've got a VS3100m76. I also use SCO XVision.
I can add that it makes no difference if you use a WM on the VAX end.
Xdm dumps core and disconnects if you use any of the WM's on the VAX
too. :-(
At first i thought that it was the timeouts that occured with the 1.4.1
kernel that made xdm crash, but it makes no difference if i use a 1.4M, or
newer kernel. Xdm dumps core either way.

--
cheers,

/Anders

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according
to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs, the
future, for which I really worked, is mine."
(Nikola Tesla, 1856-1943)

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras