Subject: Re: Re: How to enable console on a 4000/60?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Hans de Hartog <hans_de_hartog@hotmail.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/21/1999 01:36:51
David O'Brien wrote:

>MMJ acutally.  This is your best bet.  Make sure you open the little door
>on the front right, and flip the switch up.

Thank you! It worked.
However, I only had one cable that fitted in the MMJ port and had the same
plug on the other side... So the other end only fitted in an 3100 on which I
had to do (in /dev) ./MAKEDEV dz0 to create /dev/tty0* and then I could
access the 4000/60 via kermit on an 3100.

Now the big disappointment: the 4000/60 did not see its disks and CD
(ncr53c94 SCSI controller).
Will that controller be supported in the near future or should I go diskless
with the 4000/60?

Regards,
Hans.