Subject: Re: booting from CD?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/20/1999 18:11:41
On 20 Dec, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

>> You can pick it up at:
>> http://www.mds.mdh.se/~elt96ahs/downloads/NetBSD-vax/cdboot-inst.fs.gz
>> Unpack it with gzip, and burn it. Remember to use 512 byte blocksize.
>
> how?
How what? How to burn?
As I wrote, the blocksize at recording time is irrelevant. Simply do
somthing like:
cdrecord dev=0,5,0 speed=4 -v cdboot-inst.fs
You can jumper your recorder to 512 bytes / block, if your recorder
supports this. Most do not.
---
The Yamaha CDR-400, the CDRW-4260, the CDRW-4416 and the Plexwriter
PX-R412, the Plexwriter 820 and the Plexwriter RW-4/2/20 are the only CD-R
drives I know of, that have a jumper to set the sector size to 512 bytes.
This should allow to use the drive as a boot drive and general purpose drive for
SunOS and Solaris too.
---
http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html
--