Subject: Re: booting from CD?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/19/1999 21:40:42
>From: jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de

>The same as for Linux. I do all my CD recording on an old SPARCstation
>ELC with NetBSD and cdrecord. Works well, no problems.

I gotta second that, although I've only used cdrecord under Linux.  But it's
great, it does exactly what it's told whether you mean it or not, so I've
used it to burn both ISO-9660 and RSTS format CDs with no problems at all
that weren't my own stupid fault.

Someone said something about setting 512 b/s mode when burning for VAXen --
can anyone tell me what that really means?  Everything I've read points to
the physical sector size being 2048 data bytes no matter what, so I assume
that means when you jumper a drive for 512 b/s it's really reblocking on
the fly but the CD is really written with 2048-byte sectors.  Am I wrong?

John Wilson
D Bit