Subject: Re: RZ23 HDs usable?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Thorsten Jens <thodi@et-inf.fho-emden.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/17/1999 13:06:38
Also sprach jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de:

> ftp://ftp.de.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/vax/snapshot/19991115/binary/sets/
> the new DMA SCSI Kernels and the new bootblocks.
> ftp://ftp.de.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/vax/kernels/
> I think this booter can not boot from tape. Only disk and netboot is
> currently supported. Have a look at
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-vax/1999/10/23/0012.html
> to know how to install the new boot stuff.
> The easyest way to install is via netboot. Have a look at the Netboot HOWTO
> http://world.std.com/~bdc/projects/vaxen/VAX-netboot-HOWTO.html
> and
> http://www.de.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/

I'll have a look, thanks. I think the only remainig problem is that I
don't have a terminal to go with the VAXen (I got them from a hardware
auction at our university, DM 21 for the two boxes, an NCD 19r
X-Terminal, two DEC-keyboards, a keyboard with a really strange looking
plug, 16 MB ram which were supposed to fit into the VAX but didn't, and
Microsoft Quick Pascal 1.0 ;-)). Does any of the Germans here know where
to get working VT* terminals?

> Netbooting from RedHat 6.0 and 6.1 Linux systems does not work, due to
> the new, incompatible NFS-Server that comes with this Linux
> distribution.

Hmmm, I was planning to use SuSE 6.1's "rpc.nfsd". Do you know of any
problems with that one?

Thorsten
--
Thorsten Jens <thodi@et-inf.fho-emden.de>

"Um Rekursion zu verstehen, muss man erst Rekursion verstanden haben."