Subject: Re: [tls@rek.tjls.com: Re: vt320s of the world unite... (fwd)]
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com, port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/10/1999 11:26:12
On Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 01:19:22AM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> I take it this doesn't just use SIXELS?  Why not?
>
> OTOH, if it does, IIRC it ought to work on VT3xx, VT4xx, and maybe even
> VT125.  I can't remember if the 125's graphical capabilities included
> SIXELS or not -- the other things I'm *sure* did were the DEC inkjet
> printers.

I remember having used the graphics capabilities of ONE vt125 ... but
mostly, I was a spoiled vt220+tektronix-clone user.

> Also, Ultrix' DECterm enhanced xterm did this -- it basically emulated
> a vt-anything-you-might-care-for.  Anyone know if it lived on into
> the Digital Unix era?

Oh yes. I have that help message for real vt220's, which d/loaded an upside
down font and pretended to be an australian vt220... only worked on DECterm
and on real vt220.

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of