Subject: Re: [tls@rek.tjls.com: Re: vt320s of the world unite... (fwd)]
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/10/1999 08:39:09
> I take it this doesn't just use SIXELS?  Why not?

Nope.. No sixel-graphics.. That's VT240 and others terrain..

The trick on a VT320 is that there are (if my memory servers me right) 96
user-definable characters. With a 16-by-12 character matrix (I thought..)
you had a pretty high resolution actually..

If you cut your GIF image up in blocks and use these blocks to redefine
the character set and print them together on the screen you get a
(small) high-res image.

You can also go for the coarse stuff by redefining these characters with
different regular patterns and building your image from these on the
entire screen.

							Bye, Arno.

--
PSINetworks Europe           Fax: +31-23-5699841 | One disk to rule them all,
Siriusdreef 34               Tel: +31-23-5699840 | One disk to bind them,

 We say Retribution, We say Vengeance is bliss, We say Revolution,
 With a Cast-Iron fist!                  (Megadeth, 'The Disintegrators')