Subject: Re: What is a TSV05?
From: Brian Harrington <brian@sigh.mse.jhu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/09/1999 10:32:47
On Thu, Dec 9, 1999 9:52 AM -0500 Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
wrote:

> I just finished looking on E-bay, and Virgil Rice has put up
> a ton of Q-bus cards on auction again.
>
> I'm curious, I see one item called TSV05 controller, M7196
> (auction #212240760).  What kind of controller is this, a
> tape controller?

Yep, it's a controller for the TS05, which is apparently a rebadged Cipher
F880.  Nine track, 1600 bpi, Pertec formatted.  I don't know whether one of
these can be used with a stock F880, but I'm going to try find out tonight,
assuming my disk controller has finished marking all of the bad blocks on
my "new" ESDI drive.

                          -- Brian

--
Brian Harrington