Subject: Re: DEC parts
To: Audree Rowe <arowe@notes.west.raytheon.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/08/1999 10:29:54
On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Audree Rowe wrote:
> David Brownlee <abs@mono.org> on 12/08/99 02:35:04 AM
>> On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Audree Rowe wrote:

> > Can you send me spec sheets or tell me the difference between the MicroVAX II
> > 630QB and the MicroVAX II 630 QE?
> >
> > Is there a web site database that I can access for information on old DEC
> > equipment like this?  I have several hundred DEC part numbers in our
> > customer's spares stock inventory for which traceability has been
> > lost.  I am trying to  establish their "used on" and link it to an end
> > item in their program configuration.
>
>      I'm afraid I cannot help you there - I know someone on
>      port-vax@netbsd.org was compiling an online database of Q-bus
>      cards, in either case you are probably best asking on
>      port-vax@netbsd.org as there is a large quantity of vax knowledge
>      there.

I think the MicroVAX II 630QE vs 630QB are just differences in the models
of MicroVAX II systems produced (i.e. MicroVAX II in a BA23 vs MicroVAX II
in a BA123 vs a MicroVAX II in a big rack).  I don't know which system
configuration the 630QE and 630QB match up with, but I can probably find
out.  I'll poke around for the info and get it to you unless someone else
here posts it first.

-brian.