Subject: Re: "Make build" failure in usr.sbin/bind
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/06/1999 11:28:48
On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 07:13:03AM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> In article <19991204222452.A26415@greycat.com>,
> Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com> wrote:
> >For the past few days, I've been attempting a "make build" on my
> >VS3100/76.  It has gotten to exactly the same point every time:
> >attempting to link dig in the bind distribution.  Log extract
> >follows:
> >
> >dependall ===> usr.sbin/bind
> >dependall ===> usr.sbin/bind/lib
> >Unknown modifier 'O'
>
> Rebuild make. I would recommend that you subscribe to current-lo^H^Husers
> too, where this question gets answered every few weeks :-)
>
> christos
Hmmm.   Didn't the rest of my message get through?  This was just the first
three lines of the log extract.  I appreciate the pointer, and I *have*
subscribed, but that was a very small part of my original problem.  As
far as I can tell, after wasting another two days, the above has nothing
at all to do with dig failing to link.  That appears to be caused by
the bind library not compiling the MD5_* routines.  What I want to know is,
how to get those routines into libbind?  Nothing I've tried has worked.

Thanks!
--
Dann Lunsford       The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
dann@greycat.com    is that men of good will do nothing.  --  Cicero