Subject: Re: More on the crosscompiler...
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/23/1999 17:38:25
On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > What is the "default" .text start address for NetBSD-vax binaries?
> > On ultrix the default start address is 0
> One logical page; 4096.
>
> > What should i set as "TARGET_PAGE_SIZE"? Default for a.out on vax
> > (ultrix) is 1024.
> >
> 4096.
>
> Note that NetBSD have the a.out header first in the binary, so that
> it occupies the first 32 byte. This means that the actual start
> address is 4096+32. This is unlike Ultrix that has the a.out header
> on a separate page before the text starts.

There seems to be more to it than this. Ld still doesn't produce
executables that work. When i try to run them i only get "Abort trap".
The object files are OK though, they can be linked to working executables
with ld on a VAX.

I'm getting closer...

--
cheers,

/Anders

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according
to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs, the
future, for which I really worked, is mine."
(Nikola Tesla, 1856-1943)

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras