Subject: Re: VAX 3100 installation - need help!
To: Tatiana A. Zhdanova (Mouse) <antonymouse@home.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/21/1999 20:15:05
On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Tatiana A. Zhdanova (Mouse) wrote:

[The quoting on this message is a little confusing, so I'm not quite sure
who wrote what.]

> Hello,
>
> I did that when I prepared the tape. BTW, I tried boot rom()netbsd and got a
> line with
> xxxxxx+yyyyyyy+zzzzzz=0xkkkkkk
> and that was it. No more activity after that.
> HELP!

Booting the 1.4.1 NetBSD/vax install image from SCSI tape drives just
doesn't work.  I'm fairly confident that the 1.5 release will work.
Ragge has revamped the SCSI support, added DMA, and things seem to be
running much more smoothly for the VAXstation 3100s, the VAXserver 3100,
and the older MicroVAX 3100s.

Netbooted installs work well, and then aside from that if you can get the
install images dumped to a SCSI disk drive, you can kick off the install
from there.  Do you have multiple drives and/or systems from which you can
work?

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----