Subject: Re: Booting VAX 4000/300
To: Goran Muratovski <gone@marnet.mk>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/19/1999 17:36:37
Hi !

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Goran Muratovski wrote:
> I got hold of a VAX 4000/300 box that was bitting dust in one of our
[...]
> >> NetBSD/vax boot [Aug 13 1999 20:18:28] <<
> >> Press any key to abort autoboot
> ?50 SCB2NDINT, EZA0
> ?06 HLT INST
>         PC = 00000D71

Hmmm, this sounds a bit like a booter not supporting the box correctly. Try
to get a newer booter, and try it again with it. I could mail you my booter,
i use to boot the 4000/300 every time. I boot from MOP to continue booting
from DSSI then. This only works with QBUS DSSI controllers (KFQSA) at the
moment, but you can connect the internal bus to the controller.

> your mails (http://www.camaronet.de/download/NetBSD-KA670.zip)
> is not available any more.

This is true. All my current working changes are in the releases, so i removed
this stuff from my page. The is nothing real current there at the moment.

> I was searching the port-vax mail archives, and I found something
> about the ?50 SCB2NDINT problem back in 1997. It has to do
> something with overlying the boot.mop code with some interrupt
> handler for the EZA device. I could not figure whether it was
> resolved or not and how.

I would say, you don't have an EZA problem, this looks like a timer problem.

I could mail you my booter, if this doesn't work for you, your machine must
have a defect.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de