Subject: Bug in md driver
To: NetBSD VAX Port <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/17/1999 22:33:51
Good Evening!

I tried to compile a new install kernel from the current sources.
The compilation worked allright, but the kernel doesn't boot.
It doesn't matter if i leave the kernel witout a md image, the same
thing happens in either case. At first i thought it was the vnd driver
that caused the crash, but after recompiling without it, i could see
that this wasn't the case. I'm not sure if it is the bootloader that
can't handle the md kernel of if it is the kernel itself.

This is what happens.
<snip>
> boot netbsd.md
742964+1270296+149884+[60624|
 85 RESTART SYS
 84 FAIL

 83 BOOT SYS
-DKA0stray interrupt: pc 302f5c vector 0x54, ipl 26
</snip>

I might add that the ordinary kernel without the md driver works
ok, when compiled from the same sources. The box i try to boot
the kernel on is a VS3100m76, so far i haven't tried it on any
other boxes.

--
cheers,

/Anders

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according
to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs, the
future, for which I really worked, is mine."
(Nikola Tesla, 1856-1943)

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras