Subject: Attack on VS3100 mouse and keyboard support
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/17/1999 07:45:15
(This is heavy stuff -- ready beware :)

Well, I've started perusing the mouse and keyboard issue for the VS3100.
What I see is that there is driver code for both, hooks for both in
vax/conf.c, and even config(8) support in dev/wscons/files.wscons.
However, there's no obvious arch/vax/conf/KERNEL file configuration
attachment (e.g. wsmouse at ???).

And just to humour myself, I hacked the source files into a kernel
Makefile and they built just fine.   Right up until linking the kernel
everything is fine.   Then the expected missing hooks belonging in conf.c
show up as unresolved (wsmouse_cd, wskbd_cd) which config(8) would have
defined in the kernel arch/vax/compile/KERNEL/ioconf.c.

I'm not expecting any of it to work, and perhaps I'm over my head already
considering I haven't any documentation on the hardware itself.

Does anyone have information on what the expected config device entries
for the kernel configuration file would be?  I've tried a few guesses,
but config(8) won't let me attach wsmouse0 or wskbd0 anywhere I've tried.
I don't follow the dev/wscons/files.wscons funky glue going on with these.

If someone has knowledge or ideas about any of this, please drop me a
line.  Getting them at least linked into the kernel source through
ioconf.c will give me a starting place.

Cheers,
	-skots
--