Subject: Re: Can we put together a 1.4M or later shapshot?
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: S. Akmentins-Teilors <staylor@mrynet.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/17/1999 03:37:20
Brian,

> On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, S. Akmentins-Teilors wrote:
> > > At 06:48 AM 11/15/99 , you wrote:
>
> > > Done.  No installation stuff but the sets are there.  It's a 1.4N release.
> > > Now to build X ...
> >
> > I got X built for everything except the important bit I wanted to
> > start hacking on: Xmono.  Do let me know if you get anything going on
> > this, please :)
>
> I managed to get Xmono compiled under the 1.4 release, but I had to borrow
> some header files from the 4.4BSD_Lite distribution.
>
> See ftp://ftp.luth.se/pub/OS/4.4BSD_Lite/usr/src/sys/vax/uba/

Brilliant!   Cheers, that's exactly what did the trick.  I now have Xmono
built and working exactly as the precompiled binary does.  If you happen
to hack at the keyboard/vscreen/mouse at all, please let me know how you
get about.  I'll do the same to you, if desires, if I make any progress.
And, Of course, I'll keep the list informed.

Regards,
		-skots
--
Scott G. Akmentins-Taylor     InterNet: staylor@mrynet.com