Subject: pine 4.20 success...sort of...
To: NetBSD VAX Port <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/11/1999 01:11:49
Good evening!

I've just compiled the latest release of pine, 4.20 on my
VS3100. The compilation went smoothly with no errors.

Most of the stuff in it seem to work, exept that it is
impossible to view any mail in my inbox, or in any other
folder for that matter. Before sending in a bug-report to
the University of Washington i would like to get some kind
of confirmation to this beeing a bug in pine. I've made the
binaries available at:
http://www.mds.mdh.se/~elt96ahs/downloads/pine.tar.gz
When i try to open a mail it crashes with:

<snip>
Problem detected: "Received abort signal".
Pine Exiting.
Abort trap
</snip>

Pico and pilot seem to work though. I was unsuccessful with the pine
package that is available at netbsd.org. It complains about a missing
library libpico.2.0.so, which is nowhere to be found in the archive.

--
cheers,

/Anders

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according
to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs, the
future, for which I really worked, is mine."
(Nikola Tesla, 1856-1943)

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras