Subject: Re: le0 timeouts ad nauseum
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Matthias Buelow <token@wuff.mayn.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/09/1999 18:33:30
NetBSD Bob wrote:

>With the scsi dma kernel, I seem to be getting more than a fair share
>of le0 scsi timouts.   Is there a counter/timer somewhere that needs
>twiddling up in value, or some other fix to alleviate the timeouts?

It is already fixed in current, I have build a current kernel
from yesterday (built in shortly 5 hours on the dma-kernel
on a VS3100!) and both disk and net i/o are now rather high
speed.  I haven't encountered the device timeouts since.
If you have an older userland (1.4.1 in my case) make sure
to build and use the config program from the current source
aswell, otherwise you're not able to configure the new kernel.

mkb