Subject: DHCP server problems under NetBSD 1.4.1
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/06/1999 11:27:56
I've seen questions come up before on this, but I've not been able to
figure out exactly what the problem is before and I'm certainly at a loss
now. Basically, I've upgraded my NetBSD/sparc based bootserver from
release 1.3.2 to 1.4.1.  Nothing's changed at all except for the version
of the OS, but now my BOOTP bootserving using the dhcpd daemon doesn't
seem to be playing well with my VAX clients.

Following the debugging traces from dhcpd, it's obvious that the daemon
receives the request and it looks to be answering it.  I know the
bootloader is capable of receiving proper requests since it did under
1.3.2.  Has anyone figured this particular problem out yet?

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
          If you could only say two words, what would they be?
              I'd have to go with "gimme" and "don't".  -- K.