Subject: Re: 8350 support ?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Sergey Svishchev <svs@ropnet.ru>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/04/1999 18:03:37
On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 05:55:25PM -0800, Brian D Chase wrote:

> On another note, there was to be some work done on the bootloader to
> support booting from ustar images right?  This would allow people to split
> a miniroot image across multiple RX50 disks yes?  I don't think we could
> hope to fit even a stripped down kernel with supporting utils on a single
> 400K RX50 floppy.

> But given ustar as a way to boot a miniroot RAM disk kernel from multiple
> RX50s, we should be able to setup a PPP link over one of the available
> serial ports.

Yes, this is what I was thinking about...  Also, I have a skeleton of DMB32
driver for 1.3.2, which does not work for yet unknown reason.

> Even given DEBNA support, do the 8200 series systems even support MOP
> booting?

They do.  Some time ago I tested this capability; every image I used had
transferred successfully, but halted with a Reserved Addressing Mode
Fault (?!) shortly after starting.

--
Sergey Svishchev -- <svs@ropnet.ru> -- http://mail-index.nice.ru/