Subject: Re: 8350 support ?
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/03/1999 17:55:25
On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 06:31:51PM +0200, Jarkko Teppo wrote:

> > > think about my 8350 (it's been a while). So, looking through the
> > > install docs I don't see any mention of DEBNT/DEBNA (?).

> > I'm in the same boat as you.  Welcome to the 8200-series users club :-)

> When I get some spare time I will fix the DEBNA support... I now know
> most I need to know about it.

On another note, there was to be some work done on the bootloader to
support booting from ustar images right?  This would allow people to split
a miniroot image across multiple RX50 disks yes?  I don't think we could
hope to fit even a stripped down kernel with supporting utils on a single
400K RX50 floppy.

But given ustar as a way to boot a miniroot RAM disk kernel from multiple
RX50s, we should be able to setup a PPP link over one of the available
serial ports.

Even given DEBNA support, do the 8200 series systems even support MOP
booting?

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----