Subject: Re: What source tree sections needed for only kernel compiles?
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/03/1999 10:38:00
And strangely I can't get it to build on my uVAX3900 (KA650).

(ragge: I put -O2 into CFLAGS into /etc/mk.conf)

In my latest effort, I felt I would try something more straightforward,
just rebuild egcs. I downloaded the 1.2.1 tar ball, unpacked it and did a
configure in a new directory (which defaulted to vax-unknown-netbsd1.4.1)
and then did a make. Everything built (with one annoying error about
HAVE_VPRINTF being multiply defined) until it tried to run the xgcc binary
that it built. That binary always dumps core with a signal 4 (illegal
instruction). Argh!

--Chuck