Subject: Re: SETI@home ?
To: None <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/03/1999 13:15:16
> > > Is there a port for NetBSD/VAX for SETI@home?
> > > I have three VAXen I want to setup to run SETI with NetBSD/VAX 1.4.
> >
> > No, and apparently none is forthcoming.  Seems the VAX doesn't do IEEE
> > floating point.
>
> So!  Hell z80s don't either but I've done IEEE FP math on them too, though
> slowly.   If not convert it.

I can't resist this one.....

I just last week purchased for the sum of one buckeroo, my own TS-802
Z80 CP/M box that I used 20 years back, in Moo U surplus.  I did not
have the heart to watch it go to a scrapper dustbin.  I vaguely
remember those z80 floating point routines.... does that mean my
Televideo box can run a Z80 assembler NetBSD with seti@home?

(donning the ol' Inet Flak Suit with haste.....(:+}}.....)

Bob