Subject: Re: What source tree sections needed for only kernel compiles?
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/03/1999 18:22:43

> for kernel only building?  I suspect the include and lib trees may be
> needed, for sys to compile, but the rest can probably go?  What if any
> changes need to be made to the makefile?

You only need the sys.tar.gz tarball. Eventually you also need
config.tar.gz, if config has changed. If it still take too much
space you can remove all non-vax architectures.

> Once I get the kernel to my liking, I will set up some larger drives on
> her (MicroVAX 3100/20) and try a make world..... then go out for a long
> winter's nap.....(:+}}..... (how long does a make world take on a
> MicroVAX 3100/20?).

My 3100 have been compiling the world since last weekend, and is
now 1/2 of the way, I think. I assume it will be ready this weekend
sometimes.

-- Ragge