Subject: Re: Calling All VAXperts!
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/02/1999 23:24:43
On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Anders Magnusson wrote:

[...]

> Well, this matches rather well the 8800 also :-) It is the same feeling
> when ftp.luth.se needs to be restarted. Because of its stability; this
> normally only happens after a power outage and because some of the 50-60
> RA9x disks on it have died :-)

Hmmm, now I see why you have kept the 8800 running. ;-)

> VMB on it takes 40 minutes to check 512MB of memory...

Wish I could find some 64MB cards for the 8650s... Those are few and
expensive, though...

Update's 6440 have about that number of RA9x disks, and are running
Ultrix. Guess how long an fsck(1) takes? :-)
(We have two HSC90 on CI for all those disks...)

	Johnny