Subject: VAXbaby rides again! Now she needs some cloning.....
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/30/1999 14:16:47
Now that VAXbaby is happily running 1.4L kernel, I need to clone her
from a tiny RZ24 onto an RZ25 or RZ26.

What are the disktab entries for the RZ drives?  I did not see them
in /etc/disktab, and will need to do something to start the label on
the larger drive.

I did clone a spare RZ24, and found that a dd of the first 1000 records
of the original drive onto the second, followed by disklabel -i -r
worked to set the disklabel.  Then the magick dump 0f's to clone the
root/usr file systems made for a clean cloning onto the second RZ24.
Now, I need to take that up to the RZ25 or RZ26 level.  Thus the need
for suggested disktab entries for those drives.

What is the proper way to write the boot blocks on the new drive
in NetBSD, other than my dd'ing the records across?

Thanks

Bob