Subject: NetBSD 1.4 on MicroVAX II question -- please help!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <ndiablo@diablonet.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/30/1999 00:39:09
Hi! I've been trying to get NetBSD 1.4 booting on a MicroVAX II with 13 megs of RAM over the
Ethernet through a DEQNA card. I have two servers on my network to handle the boot - a Linux
box handles the initial MOP request (as I can't seem to get mopd on NetBSD working right) and
a NetBSD box handles everything else (BOOTP, NFS, etc). The boot seems to proceed alright
at first...

>> NetBSD/vax boot [May  7 1999 06:49:43] <<
>> Press any key to abort autoboot 5
    *hit return*
> boot netbsd
Trying BOOTP
Using IP address: 603.31.36.94
myip:  (206.31.36.94), mask: 255.255.255.240
root addr=206.31.36.90 path=/netboot/vax/root
841724/

So it seems to begin loading the kernel, but once it gets to a certain point, it just totally
locks up. I've tried this with generic kernels from 1.4 and 1.4.1 with the same results. I
also get SCB2INT and HLT errors when trying to netboot sometimes as well (right previous to

Anyone out there maybe have an idea of why its doing this?

Thanks in advance,
 -Netdiablo (root@diablonet.net)