Subject: NetBSD on a DEC ChannelServer II
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <marcio.pocciotti@db.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/29/1999 10:10:09
Hi everyone,

I came across a DEC ChannelServer II a while ago, but I'm starting to p=
lay with
it now. It comes mounted on a BA213, no disks. Perfect for NetBSD.
I got it from a scrap dealer, but suprisingly it has never been switch =
on
before! It=B4s brand new! It even had the 110~120 - 220~240 seal over t=
he power
plug.
I have removed all Mainframe connectivity cards that came with it and s=
tored
them in a safe place.

A SHOW VERSION returns:

KA655-B V5.3 VMB 2.7          -------------> a microVAX 3800/3900 accor=
ding to
http://www.netbsd.org/Library/Hardware/Machines/DEC/vax/full.html

and it has a M7622 (16MB, that came installed) and a DESQA-SA (M3127-PA=
. I have
installed)

When I try to boot netbsd, it stops at

uba0 at mainbus0: Q22

I thought at first, it could be a problem with the amount of memory, so=
removed the memory card. It didn't work because the system gives a memo=
ry
configuration error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,