Subject: Re: kernel: mopd uses obsolete (PF_INET,SOCK_PACKET)
To: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.dbit.com>
From: Elmet Orasson <elmet@rasi.lr.ttu.ee>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/28/1999 16:12:49
On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, John Wilson wrote:

> >From: Akos Varga <hamster@telnet.hu>
>
> >I asked this before, but I'm asking again: I'm unable to use
> >mopd on my Suse 6.2 Linux (libc6)... First it complains about
> >kernel: mopd uses obsolete (PF_INET,SOCK_PACKET), then it
> >doesn't provide the machine that requests some file via mop
> >with the files in questions
>
> I was wondering if this would affect mopd.  I've just been working with raw
> Ethernet under Linux (for my PDP-11 emulator's DEQNA and DELUA emulations),
> which was interesting because first of all PF_INET/SOCK_PACKET is officially
> deprecated as of the 2.2.x kernels, you're supposed to use PF_PACKET instead
> but the writeup in "man 7 packet" isn't 100% accurate so it took a bunch of
> kernel source spelunking to figure out how to get something actually working.

	(PF_INET, SOCK_PACKET) warning seems not to affect mopd
functionality. At least up to 2.2.12 kernel - mopd on my SuSe Linux
6.2 can live with this.
	Now I dont have much use for mopd anymore, thanks to Ragge :-)
The SCSI DMA support rules :-)

Elmet Orasson aka Bjv

Homepage (actually not :-) : http://www.pld.ttu.ee/~elmet