Subject: VS3100-M76-SPX mono video w/o yanking color board.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Apprich <psapprich@mindspring.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/27/1999 23:40:42
I had revisited the two switches under the second hard drive (the ones
I had mentioned earlier.) I had set the other to 'off' It was orginally
set 'on'. I used the 1.4L-DMASCSI-CRT kernel and after the initial load
(xxxxx+yyyyy+[zzzzzz+wwwww]). there was  no more data displayed. It
seemed to me that the vaxpower.de site had something on where mono video
was. I used the green video in on the VR160DA (green has sync) and
'sniffed' each pin on the connector. Pin 9 has mono video--kernel
messages including 'smg0 has no interrupt' message--without pulling the
card. All seemed well until I got some 'ptelen' error after spinning up
the hard discs. It's getting late here on the east coast of the USA and
I will make that connector for that video tomorrow.

P/A