Subject: Re: Getting mono from VS3100M76SPX--without pulling out cards.
To: Paul Apprich <psapprich@mindspring.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/27/1999 23:30:31
Hi !

> On the color option board, there are two DIP switches. I found one of
> them switches from 1280 x 1024 video field to 1024 x 864 (what I am
> running now on a VR160DA). What does the other switch do?. I am wary of

Don't know exactly, but i read somewhere, that it is the best thing to flip
over both switches to select video output. (Selects monitor type between
VR29[09] and VR319/VRT19-HA)

> removing the color board only because I had done so a number of times
> before--I fear breaking pins on the connectors.

No problem. It it a VAX. Check out the 4 latches at the edges are released and
pull out the card on both connectors at the same time. I did this many times
now, i never bent a pin or so.

so long... Michael