Subject: Re: Getting monochrome from a VS3100 M76 SPX
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/27/1999 07:41:25
Hi !

> > I pulled out the color board on the m76 to get mono. (S3 switch off),
> > but then it is no output to the monitor.  What should actually happen?
> > Should the output text be like normal when it boot?
>
> Are you using a monochrome monitor?  You will need one unless somebody
> here knows of a way to hack a cable together to get the mono signal to
> display on a color monitor.

I did so months ago. Just connect the green input of a VR299/VR290 to the
mono output. Pinout is at http://www.vaxpower.de
You could also use a little switch in the VAX to connect the mono signal with
the green signal. You only have to switch this off when inserting the color
framebuffer again.

so long... Michael