Subject: I have a problem with my MV3100m76
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Christophe <Christophe.Latt@t-online.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/26/1999 21:30:41
Hi,

Big Thanks to Ragge for the new Kernel with SCSIDMA support and the
bootloader.

I have a problem with my MV3100m76 : after installing a Quantum
LPS525S (505MB SCSI) in the MV with a RZ23 the Vaxen would'nt
work same. When I Netboot from my RedHat5.2 Linux-Box, after the
Answer to sh as Shell, the message Floating exception : core dumped
will appear and I can't give Commands like vi or ./MAKEDEV without
the same error. When I boot from the Quantum-HD i become these
messages
	boot device : sd0
	 .
	 .
	 .
	 mountroot : trying ffs...
	 root file system type : ffs
	 init : copying out path '/sbin/init' 11
	 panic : lockmgr locking against myself
	 Stopped at swapctl at _lockmgr+0x44a : ..................
	 db>

At first Vax-boot time the Terminal display is like this :
	 ?  C  0080  0000.4001
	?? 7   80A0  0908.21D0
	 ?  6   8aA1  0000.4001

	?21 CORRPTN

	If I disconnect th Quantum the error message by point 7
is resolved. I have retry 8MB and changed these with the other
8MB's to test if the RAM is corrupt but It wasn't the problem!

Is there someone who know what is happened with my VAX ???

/Christophe.