Subject: Re: MicroVAX 3100 NetBSD
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/26/1999 15:12:05
> > Yeah, a MicroVAX 3100 in the tall (double high desktop) case with 8M ram,
> > and it has the dual scsi controllers.
> >
> I have one MicroVAX 3100 as well, with the dual SCSI controller. (8MB ram)
> Actually, it was on that machine I fixed the SCSI DMA support :-)
> If you are lucky then it is a KA41-mbased one, and then NetBSD will
> work like a charm.

> KA41-E  V1.1C6-17B-V6.2-263
>         PST: 17B
>         CON: 1C6
>         VMB: V6.2
>         ROM: 263
>

> -- Ragge

OK, my machine is at home, so, from memory I recall KA41-A as the boot rom.
I forget which revision level.

I am rolling some tarballs to take home on a CD (have to write a cd on
an NT box [puke]) so I will give it a shot tonight.

Any preferred methods to install if it is running Ultrix already?
It has 6 drives and a TK50 tape.  It could be networked, if I drag
enough coax out to the shop, but, for starters I would prefer bringing
it up from Ultrix on an RZ25 or writing a combined boot/install tape
from Ultrix, and letting it crank away from that.  I would expect it
also ought to boot off a bootfs in swap, too?  Can it mount Ultrix
file systems to unroll the tarballs from that?

Thanks!

Bob