Subject: Re: Boot stuff for SCSI available.
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/26/1999 02:41:02
On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> I have put up a boot program "boot.991023" that is the latest version
> of the boot program, and a boot block "xxboot.991023" that understands
> SCSI also. They are located at:
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/vax/kernels/
>
> and includes my latest fixes. Using them the kernel will recognize
> from which disk it booted.
>
> [snip]

These all work very well on my VAXstation 3100/M76.  I've not gotten
around to testing them out on the M38 or M30, but so far so good.

Thanks to the shared libs under 1.4.1, I was able to fit a modest install
onto a 50Meg RZ22.  With 42Megs in a filesystem for my NetBSD/vax install,
and 8Megs of swap; installing only the base.tgz, etc.tgz, and misc.tgz
distribution sets takes up around 35Megs.

My VAX is so slim and zippy.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----