Subject: Re: SCSI DMA testers wanted.
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/24/1999 19:29:52
On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> [snip]
>
> I have only tried the SCSI/SCSI boards, but I believe that it would
> work on the MFM/SCSI board also.
>
> [snip]

Just tried it out on my SCSI/MFM VAXstation 3100/M30.  The SCSI support
seems to work fine on this controller.  I was able to label and newfs a
2GB Micropolis without problems.  Given this is a relatively zippy disk I
was able to get around 860KB/s on reads.

I'm a little concerned about lance ethernet support under 1.4L. It seems
to very well behaved on my VAXstation 3100/M38, but on my M30 the le0
device timeouts are really frequent.  I'm not sure what the difference is
between the M30 and M38 on this.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
I still remember the combination to your high school locker that I saw
   over your shoulder once!  This gives me ultimate power!  -- K.